R-G Federal Credit Union does not sell or otherwise provide member names or other information to third parties for purposes inconsistent with the credit union's mission. Your privacy is our concern.
How does R-G protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We hold in confidence all member transactions of this credit union and all information respecting their personal affairs.
How does R-G collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your credit or debit card
- Use one of our mobile applications
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your credit worthiness.
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you.
- Sharing for the nonaffiliated to market to you.
- Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. (R-G Federal Credit Union has no affiliates.)
- Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. R-G Federal Credit Union does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies and insurance companies.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income.
- Account balances and payment history.
- Account transactions and checking account information.
If you use our mobile applications (RGFCU Mobiliti or RG CardCommand), we may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons R-G Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
How We Share Information
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does R-G Federal Credit Union Share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes –such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences
||We don't share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
||We don't share
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
||We don't share