Welcome to R-G Federal Credit Union! If you financed through one of our dealer partners, you will receive a welcome packet in the mail from R-G Federal Credit Union. This packet will have information on your loan, your payment, and our credit union’s products and services. You will also receive a payment coupon book in the mail. If you choose to mail your payments, please send your check with the appropriate payment coupon for faster processing. New coupons will be periodically mailed until your loan is paid in full. Getting a new auto loan should be easy. That’s why we’ve created this auto loan cheat sheet, so you can find all the answers you need!
You have several choices when it comes to making your loan payments.
- Automatic payments: Call us or visit your nearest R-G FCU branch location to set up automatic payments from the financial institution of your choice.
- Remote Deposit: Use our mobile app to take a picture of a check and deposit it to your account. Once the funds are available, transfer the funds to your loan (checking account required for remote deposit).
- Mail your payments: 128 W. Markey Road, Belton, MO 64012
- Visit your nearest R-G FCU branch location.
- Online Loan Payments: Make a one-time or recurring loan payment by ACH or debit card with R-G FCU’s online payment system for a $8 fee. Pay your loan, or call 866.852.6478 for assistance.
auto Insurance Information
Your new auto loan requires that R-G Federal Credit Union be listed as the lien holder on your vehicle and that you have full-coverage insurance with no more than a $1000 deductible.
To submit proof of insurance (only one method is required):
- Submit proof online
- Fax a copy of your Declarations Page to: 877-715-9441
- Mail a copy of your Declarations Page to: R-G FCU, Attn: Insurance Department, PO Box 924538 Fort Worth, TX 76124
- For questions, please call 1-888-414-9346; open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
I’m switching insurance companies. What do I do?
Submit a Declarations Page from your new insurance company using any of the methods above. The Declarations Page must show that you’re covered before the cancellation of your previous policy, and must show R-G FCU as the lienholder.
Don’t let your insurance lapse. You’ll want to make sure your new policy is active before your previous policy is cancelled. You can contact your new and old insurance companies to be sure you’re avoiding a gap in coverage.*
Title and Registration Process
The dealership you purchased your new vehicle from will provide you with the title work you need to register and tag your vehicle. If you don’t have plates to transfer, the dealer will offer you a 30-day temporary permit. You have 30 days to register/tag your new car. Once you’ve provided the required information and payment (including sales/use tax and registration fees) to the license office, they will give you a new license plate and receipt for registration. Your title will be mailed to you from the state of Missouri (if you’re registering in a state other than MO, some states have electronic registration and do not mail titles). For more information, or to estimate sales tax, visit: MO DOR.
Please provide R-G FCU with a copy of the title after you receive it, or registration paperwork you receive from the license office if registering outside the state of MO.
Please note: R-G FCU must be listed as lienholder on both the title and registration.
- Email a copy of the registration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax a copy of the registration to: 816-416-8025
- Mail a copy of the registration to: R-G Federal Credit Union 421 Remington Plaza Court, Raymore, MO 64083
- For questions, please call 1-866-852-6478
What happens when I pay off my loan?
After you pay off your loan financed through R-G Federal Credit Union, it will take about 10 days to receive your lien release. Once you’ve received your lien release through the mail, you may take it to the license office to receive a clear title, but you are not required to do so. Just keep a copy of the lien release letter in a safe place with your MO title. For states with electronic registration, you will need to send a copy of the lien release to obtain a paper title.
Outside the state of Missouri? Please check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles for details regarding the registration process.
Monthly Statement Information
You’ll receive monthly statements for your auto loan. These statements will mention a couple details that you’ll want to take notice of.
- You have $5 in your share account. As a member, you will have a share savings account with R-G Federal Credit Union. Credit Unions are not-for-profit financial institutions where every member owns a share. The $5 is your share as a member. It will stay in the share account until your loan is satisfied.** Of course, we hope you love your R-G FCU membership so much that you and your $5 stay with us even after your loan is paid in full.
- $1 membership fee. The $1 fee on your statement is a one-time fee assessed to all members who join R-G Federal Credit Union. This is not a monthly fee.
- Year-to-date interest (YTD). YTD interest is how much you’ve paid in interest on your auto loan since January 1 of the current year.
Take Advantage of Your R-G Federal Credit Union Membership
As a member of R-G FCU, you have access to our many deposit and loan products.
- Learn more about our savings and checking products.
- For more info about our loan products, click the Borrow link at the top of the page.
At R-G FCU, our primary goal is to encourage members to save money. We hope you benefit from your membership and we pledge to help you every step of the way.
The Difference Between a Credit Union and a Bank
A credit union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative. It’s different from a bank in many ways. At a credit union, every member is an owner and has a share. We operate to promote the financial well-being of our members. Our board of directors is comprised of member-volunteers who make decisions based on what’s best for our members, not a bunch of stockholders looking to profit from their ownership. Credit unions return their profits to members through lower rates on loans and higher rates on savings products.
Being a member of a credit union definitely has perks. Are you interested in learning more about what it really means to be an R-G FCU member? Check out the following links for more information.
We'd love to hear from our members!
- Contact us by calling 1-866-852-6478 – available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Chat with us online – available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Visit your nearest R-G FCU location – view branch locations and hours